Passport Tag: Stamps and their Stories

by Audrey on January 9, 2014 · 7 comments

So a couple of months ago a game of Passport Tag was started on YouTube by Evan and Rachel. The idea? Pick up your passport and answer 5 simple questions about a few of the visas and stamps you have collected during your travels.

Being the crazy travel enthusiasts that we are, Sam and I decided to sit down and talk about our own passports. Now I’d like to point out that Sam had the total upper hand on this one seeing as he’s had his current passport for at least 4 years (!) and I had to renew mine over the summer, but here it goes, our Passport Tag:

Questions:

1. Most recent stamp?
2. First stamp in your current passport?
3. Coolest looking stamp?
4. Most meaningful stamp?
5. Most difficult stamp to get?

If you decide to do your own Passport Tag, just answer the 5 questions above and also let me know in the comments – I’d love to check out your videos! :)

Corinne January 10, 2014 at 8:40 am

What a fun game! Jim and I just got new passports as well, but we’re starting to get some cool stamps in them. Nothing like our old passport though…oh the possibilities!
Corinne recently posted..Travel Portrait Photography and Why it’s Worth All the TroubleMy Profile

Adrian Tanase January 10, 2014 at 11:01 pm

So you need to answer to those questions and make a video?
Adrian Tanase recently posted..4.6 milioane de conturi furate de pe SnapchatMy Profile

Vid January 12, 2014 at 12:00 am

So cool!

You already know the story behind our Bruised Passports :) I am on my 4th passport and Savi on her 3rd !

Video shall come soon, but here are my 5 answers:

Most recent stamp: Mauritius
First stamp in the current passport: India (haa!)
Coolest looking stamp: Egypt
Most meaningful stamp: Singapore
Most difficult stamp to get: Morocco

Cheers
Vid recently posted..On A One-Way Ticket To…..My Profile

corryn January 19, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Hello,,

that’s an interesting game.. :D I will join it but won’t make the video. :p my answer for the questions :’

1. Most recent stamp? Singapore
2. First stamp in your current passport? Malaysia
3. Coolest looking stamp? Thailand
4. Most meaningful stamp? Thailand
5. Most difficult stamp to get? I got all the stamps easily because I just been in Southeast asia that I can get free visa for 30 days. :D

Katie January 19, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Great game! I love being nosey and looking at all the stamps in other people’s passports. I don’t have all that many in my current passport, mainly because, as an EU citizen, my passport doesn’t get stamped when I travel to other EU countries. Hence my most recent stamp being a few years old – it’s been too long since I’ve ventured out of Europe!

But here goes:

1: Most recent stamp: departed Singapore
2: First stamp in the passport: Turkey
3: Coolest looking stamp: definitely Turkey – it comes with a little sticker for my entry visa (a slightly dodgy-seeming process where you basically just hand over a £10 note at passport control, then they’ll stick the sticker in your passport and you’re allowed in)
4: Most meaningful stamp: first entry stamp to Australia, when I left home and moved to Melbourne three years ago
5: Most difficult stamp to get: Principality of Hutt River
Katie recently posted..The Best Walk in LondonMy Profile

Victoria January 20, 2014 at 3:03 am

Okay, so I’m going to cheat and use my old passport, because I’m working off of a brand-spanking-new passport.

1. Most recent stamp: U.S.A. Houston, Texas for work
2. First stamp in my current (last!) passport: Glasgow, U.K.
3. Coolest looking stamp: Zambia
4. Most meaningful stamp: Paris – first trip with my then boyfriend, now hubby
5. Most difficult stamp to get: Zimbabwe. Longest I’ve ever waited at a border for a visa, and even then the way they talked to us, it was almost as though we weren’t gonna make it!

DAYUHAN February 4, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Traveling is my passion, I love to discover and see by my naked eye what a certain place could offer me and to utter the phrase, I had not seen anything like it!!, and i want the feeling of being a stranger to a place which is totally new to me, knowing the life of the locals and most especially satisfying my self of the new learning that I got from every travel I made.
Travel stamps and visa stickers is the best souvenir from my travels because the way I see it, just looking on to these stamps it reminds me of that great place where I got that stamp.. So here’s mine!!!

1.Most Recent stamp: Japan,fascinated by the Japanese people extremely polite.
2.First stamp in my recent passport: Thailand,it was in 2011, first trip with my family, worth remembering.
3.Coolest looking stamp: South Korea, i find it cool because it was my first time traveling alone.. Cool!!
4.Most meaningful stamp: Malaysia, I simply love the place.
5.Most difficult stamp to get: Myanmar,because of the short time to prepare, I have to apply at there embassy and since no direct flight to Rangoon I have to gravel to Kl,Malaysia to transfer a flight to myanmar.. To top it all I admire their temples..

Thank you and have a safe travel to all of us.. God bless