The Best of Prague through Instagram

by Audrey on June 8, 2014 · 20 comments

I was just scrolling through my Instagram feed and looking at the photos I took in Prague and decided I needed to share these. Almost everyone who has passed through Prague always raves about this city’s beauty and I have to echo this sentiment. I think these photos sum up why I enjoyed the city so much.

Where else can you find facades like this?

They love their creams and pastels in this city.

Subtle walls with bright pink flowers.

A walk through the Vyšehrad Cemetery in search of Alphonse Mucha’s grave. I couldn’t find it.

Shadow play on the walls of Prague Castle.

Fish face.

The Rotunda of Saint Martin. The oldest of three Romanesque round churches found in Prague.

Because sweets are the key to my heart. This delicious pastry is called a trdelník.

A beautiful wooden door with a lion’s head for a knocker.

The reason why people gather in the town square right as the clock is about to strike the hour.

A pop of red to brighten up the door.

“Give peace a chance.” A stencil of John Lennon and Yoko Ono found along Prague’s Lennon Wall.

Light streaming in through the stained glass in St. Vitus Cathedral and lighting up the tiny mosaics on the wall.

A walk down the quiet lanes behind Prague Castle.

A shady spot in the courtyard of the Strahov Monastery.

Cutest little hotel and cafe behind the castle.

It was spring and the city was in bloom.

The Church of Saint Nicholas in the Lesser Quarter.

The Golden Lane where alchemy was once practiced under orders of the king.

A walk inside the castle walls.

Rooftop views of Prague.

The charms of the Old Town Square.

Tomorrow I’m off to Montreal for a taste of the French life. I haven’t been there in a couple of years so I’m looking forward to revisiting some familiar places and trying out some new cafes and restaurants.   If you’d like to see live photo updates you can follow on Instagram. À bientôt!

Jenna June 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm

I just love these. :) So many details of Prague that I have loved for so long…your photos really make me want to go back.
Jenna recently posted..One Gorgeous Piece of HighwayMy Profile

Audrey June 10, 2014 at 8:22 am

Thanks, Jenna. I hope you get to go back and visit! :)

Jen Seligmann June 9, 2014 at 3:20 am

Your really making me want to go back to Prague soon with all of these great photos. I loved the city and have always said I would go back someday but maybe now it will be sooner rather than later. It really is one of the most photogenic cities in Europe I think.
Jen Seligmann recently posted..Rome Photo GalleryMy Profile

The Guy June 9, 2014 at 5:26 am

It is very true what you say, Prague is a stunning architectural hot spot. I fell in love with the place the first time I arrived there.

Lovely photos here Audrey. I love how much detail you show of the clock just before it strikes the hour. The design and complexity of that clock fascinates me as much as the characters that pop out on the hour.
The Guy recently posted..Angel Of The North – 20 Interesting Facts You May Not KnowMy Profile

Ashley June 9, 2014 at 10:06 am

Love these photos! Prague looks amazing.
Ashley recently posted..Hoi An Stole my HeartMy Profile

Audrey June 10, 2014 at 8:23 am

Thanks, Ashley!

Samantha June 9, 2014 at 11:44 am

This is a great idea, I’ve been seeing a lot of photoposts Instagram themed and it’s a great way to relive a trip. Prague looks beautiful, so historical.
Samantha recently posted..Benefits of Being an English Teacher in ChinaMy Profile

Foqrul June 9, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Prague looks amazing. You took some lovely photos of beautiful architecture in Prague.
Foqrul recently posted..How to get Nepal Visa from Bangladesh- Nepal Visa Information.My Profile

Agness June 9, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Prague is one of the best European cities I’ve ever travelled to. I love its history and rich culture, but the food was definitely the highlight of my visit!
Agness recently posted..6 Europe’s Less Expensive CitiesMy Profile

Vid June 10, 2014 at 7:53 am

Hey Audrey,

You took us back to 2012 when we visited Prague. Absolutely adored this city even though the weather was trash when we were visiting. Loved the architecture and could not get enough of clicking pictures ;) Another thing that I loved about Prague was the coffee scene – loved how each cafe had a choice of beans you could choose from

Itching to go back. BTW, did you guys go into the nuclear bunker ? :)
Vid recently posted..The Ultimate Road Trip in Iceland : An ItineraryMy Profile

Shikha (whywasteannualleave) June 11, 2014 at 8:48 am

Lovely photos! I went to Prague about 8 years ago and although I saw some of the sights, I didn’t really explore the food scene and definitely missed out on that pastry! I’d love to go back again and see that side of it properly one day!
Shikha (whywasteannualleave) recently posted..A Medical Elective at St John’s Hospital, Bangalore, IndiaMy Profile

Laura @Travelocafe June 11, 2014 at 9:52 am

Another great Instagram collection. I love to see them on the app, but here, in one single post, they look so much better. My favorite: the street art.
Laura @Travelocafe recently posted..Sofitel Legend The Grand & Michelin-starred Bridges. The Place to Splurge in AmsterdamMy Profile

rebecca June 11, 2014 at 8:55 pm

stunning! I really wish I had of gotten to Prague
rebecca recently posted..Vivid 2014 Canon ChallengeMy Profile

Colleen Brynn June 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Your Instagram feed is so fun. Plus Prague.
Colleen Brynn recently posted..A Special Day In PortmeirionMy Profile

Lauren Meshkin @BonVoyageLauren June 12, 2014 at 3:42 am

I love your Instagram! Thanks for sharing.

Happy travels :)
Lauren Meshkin @BonVoyageLauren recently posted..Photo Essay: Small Seaside Towns in South CarolinaMy Profile

Tiana June 17, 2014 at 9:51 pm

I miss Prague so very, very much. Thanks for sharing your awesome photos!

David @ That Gay Backpacker June 18, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Pretty pretty pretty! I especially love that dramatic snap of the stained glass window. Oh man, another place I have to visit…
David @ That Gay Backpacker recently posted..The 50 Coolest Things To Do in Mexico CityMy Profile

Claire @ZigZag On Earth June 26, 2014 at 4:53 am

The trdelník looks yummy!!!
Nice pictures. Not the typical ones of Prague.

Michelle July 2, 2014 at 5:03 am

Gorgeous photos. Haven’t made it to Prague yet, but desperate to as everyone I know who has been there loved the city.

Jessica July 6, 2014 at 10:18 am

Prague is AMAZING! If you haven’t seen it I recommend you to go and it wont cost you that much!, I found some hostels for around 11 EUR on this site, And went there with couple of friends. We ate outside and it was not that we expensive and the beer was awesome! IF you go to Prague the most important thing you should do is to try the local beers!