Train travel is my favourite means of transportation. Buses can be cramped, planes can experience turbulence, and I can’t really comment on boats since I haven’t done much cruising, but trains, they make me happy. Who will you meet? What stories will you hear? What will the scenery be like?! I’ve zipped from Prague to Amsterdam, Hong Kong to Guangzhou, and Chiang Mai to Bangkok, and every journey is always an adventure.
So why am I telling you about trains?
Well, the reason is that Rail Europe recently reached out to me to get YOUR opinion on train travel. Whether you are a “regular voyageur, occasional traveler or planning to visit Europe for the first time”, they want to hear your thoughts – love it, hate it, not sure? – and there’s even something in it for you.
In exchange for filling it out their little survey, they are offering you the chance to win 1st class Eurail Global Passes for 2 people. This pass gives you unlimited travel in 28 countries, so if you’re thinking of summer in Europe like I am, this might be a good one to enter!
* * * FILL OUT SURVEY HERE * * *
Why do I like train travel?
- You get to enjoy the scenery. For photographic evidence check out the photo above. That’s train travel through Bulgaria in autumn. Pretty nice, right?
- It’s more spacious than being on a plane. I’m not even that tall, but at 5’7 I feel like a giant every time I board a plane. Trains seats are more spacious and you can stretch out your legs.
- Trains arrive right in the city centre. So convenient, especially when some airports are located several kilometres from ‘downtown’.
- It’s often more affordable than paying for a flight. Your wallet will thank you.
- There are no crazy lines. Yes, those dreaded airport lines for check-in, security, immigration, and boarding…with trains you can avoid them.
- There’s no turbulence. ‘Nuff said!
Good luck on the survey and I hope one of YOU takes the prize!