What comes to mind when you first think of travel in Finland? Is it seeing the northern lights dance across the sky, spending the night in a glass igloo, and visiting Santa’s home in Lapland? If you’re travelling there in winter, then Finland is all of those things and more, but unbeknownst to many, Finland also happens to be a wonderful summer destination! Helsinki comes to life with concerts and locals enjoying outdoor picnics, you can go kayaking in the Baltic Sea, country living at its finest can be enjoyed all over the archipelago, there are cute timbered towns to walk around, you can pretty much camp anywhere thanks to Every Man’s Right, and if you’re looking for something downright quirky you can even spend the night in a jail hotel! So, yes, Finland is amazing whether you visit in summer or winter, and now here are some tips for your visit!
Finland is a beautiful country located in northern Europe that offers visitors stunning natural landscapes, unique cultural experiences, and world-class amenities. Here are some places to visit and things to do in Finland:
- Helsinki: Helsinki is the capital city of Finland and is known for its stunning architecture, vibrant culture, and world-class museums. Visitors can explore the historic Helsinki Cathedral, visit the famous Design Museum, or relax in the beautiful Kaivopuisto Park.
- Finnish Lapland: Finnish Lapland is a magical region located in the northern part of Finland that is known for its stunning natural landscapes, including the Northern Lights and the Arctic Circle. Visitors can go dog sledding, take a reindeer sleigh ride, or enjoy the many winter sports activities available.
- Turku: Turku is a historic city located in southwestern Finland that is known for its stunning medieval castle, charming Old Town, and rich cultural heritage. Visitors can explore the historic Turku Castle, visit the Turku Art Museum, or take a stroll along the beautiful Aura River.
- Aland Islands: The Aland Islands are a group of islands located between Finland and Sweden that offer visitors stunning natural landscapes, beautiful beaches, and unique cultural experiences. Visitors can explore the historic Kastelholm Castle, visit the charming town of Mariehamn, or enjoy the many outdoor activities available, including hiking and kayaking.
- Finnish Saunas: Finnish saunas are a unique cultural experience that are deeply ingrained in Finnish culture. Visitors can enjoy a traditional Finnish sauna, complete with a cold plunge into a nearby lake or river, and experience the many health benefits associated with this beloved Finnish tradition.
Finland is a country that offers visitors a range of unique experiences, from exploring the vibrant city of Helsinki to experiencing the magic of Finnish Lapland or enjoying a traditional Finnish sauna. With its stunning natural landscapes, unique cultural experiences, and world-class amenities, Finland is a must-visit destination for any traveler.