This is where you’ll find all of our Hungary travel blog posts. If you’re planning to start your trip in the capital, we recommend checking out this list of 50 things to do in Budapest, this perfect day trip to Szentendre, and these traditional Hungarian foods to try!
Hungary is a beautiful country located in central Europe that is known for its rich history, stunning architecture, and vibrant culture. Here are some places to visit and things to do in Hungary:
- Budapest: Budapest is the capital city of Hungary and is known for its stunning architecture, world-class museums, and vibrant nightlife. Visitors can explore the historic Castle District, relax in the famous thermal baths, or take a leisurely stroll along the beautiful Danube River.
- Lake Balaton: Lake Balaton is the largest lake in central Europe and is a popular destination for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. Visitors can enjoy a range of activities, such as sailing, windsurfing, or cycling along the scenic shoreline.
- Szentendre: Szentendre is a charming town located just a short drive from Budapest that is known for its beautiful baroque architecture, charming cobblestone streets, and vibrant arts scene. Visitors can explore the town’s many galleries and museums, taste traditional Hungarian cuisine, or take a leisurely stroll along the picturesque Danube riverfront.
- Eger: Eger is a historic town located in the northern part of Hungary that is known for its stunning baroque architecture, beautiful thermal baths, and world-class wines. Visitors can explore the historic Castle District, relax in the famous thermal baths, or taste world-class wines in the nearby vineyards.
- Hungarian cuisine: Hungarian cuisine is renowned for its hearty, flavorful dishes that are made from fresh, local ingredients. Visitors can enjoy a range of traditional Hungarian dishes, such as goulash, stuffed peppers, and chimney cake, or taste world-class wines and cheeses.
Hungary is a country that offers visitors a range of unique experiences, from exploring the rich history of Budapest to relaxing on the beautiful shores of Lake Balaton or tasting world-class wines in the vineyards of Eger. With its stunning architecture, rich cultural heritage, and world-class cuisine, Hungary is a must-visit destination for any traveler.