Australia is a vast country with a wide range of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are some suggestions for places to visit and things to do in Australia:
- Great Barrier Reef: The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef system and is home to an incredible variety of marine life. Visitors can go snorkeling or scuba diving to explore the reef, or take a glass-bottom boat tour.
- Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge: The iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge are two of the most recognizable landmarks in Australia. Visitors can take a tour of the Opera House, climb the Harbour Bridge, or enjoy a cruise around the harbor.
- Uluru: Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, is a large sandstone rock formation in the Australian Outback. It is considered sacred by the local Indigenous people and is a popular spot for hiking and stargazing.
- Great Ocean Road: The Great Ocean Road is a scenic coastal drive in Victoria, famous for its rugged cliffs, pristine beaches, and the Twelve Apostles rock formations.
- The Outback: The Australian Outback is a vast, arid region that covers much of the country’s interior. Visitors can explore the region’s unique landscapes, wildlife, and Indigenous cultures.
- Kangaroo Island: Kangaroo Island is located off the coast of South Australia and is home to a wide range of wildlife, including kangaroos, koalas, and sea lions. Visitors can also enjoy hiking, fishing, and surfing on the island.
- Bondi Beach: Bondi Beach is one of Australia’s most famous beaches, located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. Visitors can swim, surf, or sunbathe on the beach, or explore the nearby cafes and restaurants.
- The Great Barrier Reef Drive: This scenic drive takes visitors from Cairns to Cape Tribulation, with stunning views of the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest.
- Kakadu National Park: Kakadu National Park is located in the Northern Territory and is home to a diverse range of wildlife, landscapes, and Indigenous cultures. Visitors can explore the park’s waterfalls, wetlands, and rock art sites.
These are just a few of the many places to visit and things to do in Australia. With its diverse landscapes, vibrant cities, and unique wildlife, Australia is a must-visit destination for any traveler.
I was a bit nervous about coming to Australia. Not because of any of the wild creatures it holds, but because that’s the furthest…